TH12 Interface Changes
Heya. I changed "Billionaire" to "Top Score" and "HiScore" to "Value" as both of these translations do not work in this context. The old translation nailed it perfectly. Just letting you know! --Satorical Komeijist (talk) 21:04, 14 September 2016 (GMT-7)
- I guess you're right about the blue "HiScore" being "Value" or "Max Value", that was my mistake
- But as for "Billionaire"... Usually in every game, it says "Hi-Score" or something similar. But in UFO it clearly says "億万長者", which sounds to me like a typical ZUN joke. My translator shows it as "Billionaire", but maybe it could also mean a ridiculous inflation for "Super rich dude", like "Zillionaire". Since we aim for accuracy and capturing the spirit of Touhou, "Top-Score" doesn't do the joke justice in this case. What's your take on it?
- --Splashman (blub) (talk) 18:56, 15 September 2016 (UTC)
- Yep, I can see 'value' being a better term as you say; that's also my mistake. But, I have to agree with Splashman about 'Billionaire'. I can see why "HiScore" could be used instead, but like Splash said, we aim to reflect the spirit of Touhou, and ZUN must've had a reason to exceptionally use '億万長者 (Billionaire)' in th12, likely to reference the treasure ship, and/or the heroines trying to get tonnes of treasure throughout the game. I can't see '億万長者' to specifically mean something else. ― (Talk/Con.) 21:48, 15 September 2016 (UTC)
- Woops. I didn't think about editing the image file with PS. I actually don't really know how. But now I guess I can see where you are coming from with ZUN's "Billionaire" joke. This is likely a reference to the first version of the game crashing when you reached 1 billion points. Oh well. I changed it back to "Top Score" at first just for consistency.
- --Satorical Komeijist (talk) 20:59, 15 September 2016 (GMT-7)